Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error is a general error message that given when no more specific message is suitable. There are a number of causes for a Internal Server Error to display in your web browser. Above is a sample of error message.
There can be a number of reasons for an Internal Server Error, Here are some thing you can do to solve it.
- The most likely issue is a corrupted .htaccess file. Log in to your server root using FTP and rename your .htaccess file to .htaccess_old. Try loading your site to see if this has solved your problem or no. If it works, make sure to visit Settings > Permalinks and reset your Permalinks. This will generate a new .htaccess file for you site
- Try Deactivating all of your Plugins to see if it is a Plugin issue. If you are unable to access your WordPress Administration Screens, deactivate your Plugins via FTP by following these instructions.
- Switch the Theme to the WordPress Default Theme to eliminate any Theme-related problems
- Increase the PHP Memory limit
- Try re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh install of WordPress